WE’RE LOOKING FOR WRITERS
Denver Fashion Beat is an online magazine focused style in Denver and the Rocky Mountain West. We’re looking for gifted writers that can help us cover the ever-expanding fashion scene all over Denver and different cities in the West. We are online-only, and we publish stylist features, “found it” segments that tell shoppers where to buy pieces celebrities wear, fashion-related event reports and interviews with fashion designers of all stripes. If you’re interested in a fun gig to hang out and look fabulous while padding your writing portfolio AND helping small local businesses, then this is the gig for you!
You will have the opportunity to earn cash, in addition to college credit, by selling advertising and/or sponsored content pieces. If you don’t need the college credit, other arrangements are possible.
You should be:
- Able to discover and respect the value of each human being and act accordingly.
- Unafraid to ask for help or direction without being prompted.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Mindful of deadlines.
- Constantly works towards continuous self-improvement.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- A good team-worker with ability to work alone.
- A hands-on, quick-learner.
- Thorough, with good attention to detail.
- Passionate about fashion and style.
- Enthusiastic and polite.
- A good user of grammar, spelling and writing style. The editor is an eagle-eyed, excellent speller.
- An owner of your own computer and access to an internet connection
- Experienced with blogs and social media.
It is not necessary to have specific fashion-writing experience, but you should either have some writing samples ready or be ready to write on a local fashion topic to show us what you’ve “got.” We give extra credit for those that actually take the time to check out the magazine at http://denverfashionbeat.com.
Please email your resume, links to writing samples or include them, as well as a cover letter describing why you think you’re a good fit. If you have PR or media sales experience, be sure to highlight that as well. Email your materials to email@example.com. Good luck!